VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments
This qualification is the only Level 4 qualification offered by VTCT in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments (QCF). The VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Treatments (QCF) is a vocationally related qualification and is focused on reducing hair growth and photo rejuvenation of the skin using intense pulse light and laser treatments.
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Laser and light treatments for hair removal
- Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation
- Management of health, safety and security in the salon
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
8 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
A further 6 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments (To include practice on clients) in your own time per week, including use of online materials
General Entry Requirements:
- Successful completion of NVQ Level 3 Beauty and a good underpinning knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology.
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%+
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
All students must be willing to participate with one another during practical sessions.
Please note students must arrange their own models for assessment.
Where will it take me?
When you have successfully completed this qualification you will be in a position to aspire to promotion as an advanced beauty therapist providing laser and IPL services within a beauty salon.
Other subjects you can study include VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Micropigmentation, VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Advanced Beauty Therapy, and HND in Beauty Therapy Management.
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
The programme will help you develop an understanding of the beauty profession and deliver the basic skills and requirements for employment in the industry. Units covered include facials, waxing, manicures, pedicures, make up application, Health and Safety
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
This one year intensive course, provides you with a broad range of options for a future career in beauty therapy.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Spa Therapy
This Programme is designed for those who want to be employed in the International Spa and Beauty Industry.