Level 3 Extended Diploma for Children's Care, Learning and Development (Top-Up)
• Care Worker
• Child Minder
• Nursery Nurse
• Play Group Assistants
• Nursery Assistants
• Creche Assistants
• Out of School Childcare Worker
• Cylch Miethrin Assistant
Level 3 Extended Diploma in for Children's Care, Learning and Development (Top-Up)
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
Units that are covered are as follows:
- Promote communication in health, social care & young people's settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's & young people's settings
- Promote equality & inclusion in health, social care & young people's settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children's young people's settings
- Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Promote Child and Young Person Development
- Understand how to safeguard the Wellbeing of Child and Young People
- Support Children and Young People's Health & Safety
- Develop Positive Relationship with Children, Young People and Others involved in their care
- Working together for the benefit of Children & Young People
- Understand how to support positive outcomes for children and young people
- Context & Principles for early years provision
- Promote learning and development in the early years
- Promote Children's welfare and well being in the early years
- Professional practice in early years settings
- Support Children's speech, language and communication
GCSE English and Maths.
Level 3 Diploma in Children's Care & Learning and Development.
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Queen's University Belfast Foundation Degree Early Childhood Studies
This course is suitable for all students who wish to work in an early years setting. The course is delivered through a combination of classroom teaching and practical work placements. Both of these elements are a compulsory part of the course. There is a focus on helping you to develop the knowledge, skills and values necessary for employment and professional development with the Early Years sector. To apply for this course you must apply via UCAS at Stranmillis University.
CACHE Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Children's Care, Learning and Development (Management)
This qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in children’s care, learning and development. It confers occupational competence to work in a management role within a regulated Early Years setting. All students in this course may be eligible for Higher Level Apprenticeship funding. Please speak to Tutors at interview in respect of the Higher level funding for this course.
Level 3 Diploma for Children's Care. Learning and Development (Wales and Northern Ireland)
This programme prepares you for work in an early years setting