This 1 year course is the equivalent 4 GCSEs. Students are required to commit to 18 hours of attendance per week for this course.
This course will be completed over approximately 15 hours per week.
Modules studied may include:
- Investigate the catering and hospitality industry
- Food safety in catering
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Menu knowledge and design
- Applying workplace skills
- Principles of beverage product knowledge
- Service of hot beverages
- Food and beverage service skills
- Handling payments and maintaining the payment point
- Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve your employability.
You will be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy, Numeracy or ICT if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English or Maths or Computing.
This qualification is ideal for learners wanting to gain the skills needed to deliver a great dining experience. The course includes essential skills in areas such as food safety, handling payments and bookings, and serving food and beverages.