Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport and Outdoor Activities
This course is a two year programme which is equivalent to three A-Levels. In the first year of the programme you will complete a Foundation Diploma (1.5 A-Level equivalent) and will have the opportunity to exit at this stage. Those progressing to year two will top-up to the extended diploma.
The course will give you a wide range of skills and behaviours required for working in the sports industry. Learners will develop their leadership and instructing skills so that they can work independently as an outdoor pursuits instructor, ensuring safe and effective leadership for groups of people taking part in different outdoor activities. This qualification includes a minimum of 20 hours’ work placement. There is an attendance commitment requirement of 15 hours per week.
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport and Outdoor Activities (Year 1)
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
- Careers in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
- Health, Wellbeing and Sport
- Personal Skills Development in Outdoor Activities
- Applied Leadership and Instructing in Outdoor Activity
- Research Project in Sport
- Health and Safety Factors in Outdoor Learning
- Outdoor Activity Provision
- Impacts and Sustainability of Outdoor Activities
- Expedition Experience
- Sport Development
- Self-employment in Sport and Physical Activity
- Nutrition for Physical Performance
- Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Sporting Injuries
- Fitness Training
- Influence of Technology in Sport and Physical Activity
- Organising Events in Sport and Physical Activities
- Ethical and Current Issues in Sport
- Marketing Communications Sport and Leisure Facility Operations Sports Tourism
*The optional units for this course may vary from year to year. Units may vary due to the availability of staff.
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education