Liverpool John Moores University BSc Business Management
Modules of the programme are listed below;
- Business and the Economy
- Data Analysis for Business
- Finance and Accounting for Managers
- Principles of Marketing
- Operations and Technology Management
- Managing People and Organisations
- Personal and Professional Development
- Digital Economy
- Project Management
- Research and Analysis for Business
- Sustainability and the Circular Economy
- Employability and Enterprise
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Project dissertation
- Integrated marketing communications
- Global marketing
- Risk & Resilience in a Changing World
In the final year of the degree students will be required to complete a dissertation or an extended project report on a Business area of their choice.
Liverpool John Moores University BSc Business Management (Year 1)
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
To find out more information, including salaries, on the types of careers available to you by studying this course choose a career from the option below.
Job Role & Responsibilities
For more information our team of Careers Advisors provide a professional, impartial and confidential service, to help young people and adults make informed choices about their future career and next steps.
Contact Hours per week
15 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
Mandatory Additional Study
Maximum of 3 hours per week average over the academic year.
20 hours studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online resources
GCSE and University General Entrance requirement statement
- Three GCSE to include GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
A minimum of 96 UCAS points including:
- Two A Levels at A2 OR
- Level 3 National Diploma
NB Please note applicants are not required to apply through UCAS
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%-65%+ with one science module at 60%+
- Co Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0; (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Level 2, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK).
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
Applicants must satisfy the University's general entry requirements and specific requirements.
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
Where will it take me?
On successful completion of this programme you will enhance your professional development and as a Business Studies graduate you will be able to offer a current or potential employer a range of business skills that will be beneficial to their organisation.
Possible further study may include postgraduate qualifications such as Masters Degrees, and professional qualifications from bodies such as Chartered Institute of Marketing, Institute of Personnel Development, Accounting Technicians Ireland, Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, Association of Project Management.
How will it make me more employable?
You will learn transferrable skills such as communication, organisational skills, problem solving, leadership and critical thinking which will help you to apply to relevant jobs within the business environment. The programme is designed to facilitate your development of a range of graduate qualities that are highly valued in the workplace. These include:
- Having an ability to operate with a body of knowledge
- Being an effective problem solver
- Working autonomously and collaboratively
- Demonstrating commitment to ethical action and social responsibility
- Communicating effectively
Students may also have the opportunity to participate in an International Study Tour, which will be self-funded by the student. The cost of this study tour will vary from year to year depending upon location however, it is approximately in the region of £300-£400. Students may also be required to participate in industrial visits; the costs of these visits throughout the year are estimated at a cost to the student of approx. £100 in total.
Course and Provider regulated by Liverpool John Moore University
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education