Steps 2 Success is the Department for the Economy (DFE) main adult employment programme. It aims to support people into long term jobs, ensuring all participants, regardless of their barriers, have the best chance to find and sustain employment.
It is open to a number of benefit claimants including:
- JSA aged 18-24 and unemployed for nine months or more
- JSA aged 25+ and unemployed for 12 months or more
- ESA (Work Related Activity Group)
- ESA Support Group and Income Support/Pension Credit (Voluntary only)
Support on the programme includes:
- A dedicated Adviser
- Training courses
- Specialist support for issues such as debt
- Support with job applications and job searching
- Access to a range of job vacancies
- Support to succeed, even once you're in work
Participants are referred from the local Jobs and Benefits office/Jobcentre – timing depends on their benefit type, age and barriers to work.
Dependant on their circumstances, participants will join Steps 2 Success for between 12 and 18 months.
For more information on Steps to Success contact : 028 4461 5815 ext 6127