Spend a full academic year at an American college or university studying business or business and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths).
Each year between 50-60 students from Northern Ireland participate in the Study USA programme, which has been running since 1994.
This year's programme is in its preparation stage, with hopeful departure in August 2021. Please be aware that the programme will only be viable if all health and travel conditions are right. Study USA will continue to monitor and respond to the relevant government and health authority guidance in the UK and United States of America.
- Students must be in full time education at a College or University in Northern Ireland.
- Students from QUB and UU may apply during their Level 2 year of study, for participation in the programme the following year. QUB Medical and Dental students must also obtain permission to participate from their School.
- Students from other institutions must be in the pre-final year of an undergraduate degree course of study or in first year of a higher education course (HND or Foundation Degree) at a University or College in Northern Ireland.
- Applicants must be UK/EU Nationals.
- Participation in the programme is conditional on satisfying your university / college's requirements for participation. An examination failure may invalidate your application.
- Students must be permitted by their University/College to participate on the programme, particularly if this will be used as an alternative to an industrial placement.
- In the event of a large number of applications, only those with a first year minimum average result of 53% or higher will be short-listed. The exact minimum percentage will be determined by British Council as desirable criteria based on the number of applications received.
- Students who have previously participated in a higher education student mobility programme lasting 4 weeks or longer, funded by a Northern Ireland Government Department, are not eligible to apply for the Study USA programme (e.g. Erasmus+, IAESTE, Language Assistants, Washington Ireland Program).
For more information and apply online, please visit: Study USA | British Council