SERC Admissions Process
There is a six step admission process for Higher Education:
- Complete an online application.
- Attend a mandatory pre-entry advice and guidance session.
- Attend a Pre-enrolment appointment
- Enrolment Authorised
- Confirming your Enrolment
General Entry Requirements
English Language Requirements for Non-Native English Speakers
All teaching at SERC is carried out in English and tutors must be convinced that you have sufficient fluency in English to cope with your course from the start. Therefore, all non-native English-speaking applicants who have not undertaken their final two years of schooling in English, must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2.
- IELTS 6.0; (minimum of 5.5 in all skills).
- PTE 51.
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Grade C, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK).
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning
Learning you have gained from work or other experience may be used to demonstrate your ability to study your chosen course.
You must provide evidence of some reasonably substantial and significant element of learning for a process of formal assessment by the College.
You will be required to attend an interview and submit a portfolio of evidence. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.