OCN NI Level 5 Extended Certificate in Retrofitting Domestic Properties
The aim of the OCN NI Level 5 Extended Certificate in Retrofitting Domestic Properties is to provide the learner with an understanding of the application of Domestic Retrofitting techniques including installation practices and processes, which will allow them to become a Retrofit co-ordinator.
General Entry Requirements
The general entry requirements below identify the minimum qualifications needed to apply for the programme. Other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis on application. You are required to upload a copy of your qualification certificates to show how you meet the entry requirements for the programme prior to enrolment. Applications will also require successful completion of the admissions process.
GCSE/ Level 2 Requirements
- GCSE grade C/4 in English Language, or Level 2 Certificate in Essential Skills- Communication, or equivalent in an approved alternative qualification.
Course Entry Requirements
- Level 3 Qualification in a Construction, Architecture or Mechanical Electrical Area
- An equivalent or higher in an approved alternative qualification
- Demonstrate 5 years' experience working in a related Industry
Accreditation of Prior Learning
Alternatively, you can provide evidence of your ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) process, either through Accredited Prior Certificated Learning (APCL) or Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL). Further details on APL can be found in the HE admissions process section of our website and the HE Accreditation of Prior Learning SOP.
International Students English Language Requirements
International applicants, from Non-Native English speaking countries, must have evidence of English Language Level B2 on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages:
- IELTS 6.0 (Academic) (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE Academic 51 (minimum of 46 in each part)
- Or equivalent UKVI-approved English Language Test
For further information please contact our International Department at email@example.com
This course is designed to allow the learner to work at their own pace, timeframe, and space, it will be a blended learning environment with an online platform having virtual classrooms and tutorial support sessions through Teams.
Assessment will be via online completion and drop in methods where your allocated lecturer/assessor will then feedback on your learning outcomes.
- Unit 001: Demonstrate an Understanding of Domestic Deep Energy Retrofit
- Unit 002: Evaluate existing domestic buildings for Retrofitting.
- Unit 003: Determine Thermal Efficiency & Moisture Risks within Retrofit Buildings
- Unit 004: Improvement Options for Retrofit Buildings
- Unit 005: Air Tightness and Ventilation in Retrofit Buildings
- Unit 006: Upgrading Insulation of Roofs and Floors during Retrofit
- Unit 007: Reducing the thermal transmittance of Walls and Windows
- Unit 008: Upgrading the Mechanical and Electrical Services during Retrofit.
- Unit 009: Introducing renewable energy systems and storage to Retrofit Projects
- Unit 010: Retrofit Quality Assurance and Post Retrofit Monitoring
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!