Sweet Potato and Chicken Curry
- 500g sweet potato peeled and cut into bite-size pieces.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken thigh fillets (each cut into large chunks). Chicken breast can be used but thighs are cheaper and give more flavour to the dish!
- 1 large red onion (cut into wedges)
- 2 tbsp Rogan Josh curry paste
- 2 large tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 125g spinach
Cook the sweet potatoes in boiling, salted water for 5-7 mins until just tender. Drain well, then set aside. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, then add the chicken and onion.
Cook for 5-6 mins until the chicken is browned and cooked through.
Stir in the curry paste, cook for 1 min, add the tomatoes, then cook for another min.
Pour in 100ml boiling water and mix well. Simmer for 5 mins, add the spinach, then cook for 2 mins until wilted.
Fold in the potatoes and heat through. Serve on its own or with rice.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Kcals256 Kcal Per Serving