- 3 eggs
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 3-4 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 medium red pepper (sliced into thin strips)
- 3 medium tomatoes ripe (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (or chilli powder)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of coriander to serve
- Heat your oil in a pan and fry the chopped garlic for 1 minute.
- Lower your heat to medium and add the chopped onions- cook until the onions soften and turn clear.
- Add the sliced pepper and stir well to mix with the onions and garlic. Cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook until the tomatoes are soft (don’t worry if they look mushy-This works well for this dish!) Add 120ml of water, a pinch of salt and stir the pan well.
- Add the cumin seeds and a further 60ml of water and mix well- let it simmer by reducing the temperature to a low heat.
- Make spaced out ‘wells’ in the mixture for however many eggs you wish to have. Carefully break an egg and place it into the well. Repeat for each egg.
- Leave the eggs to cook in the sauce on the low heat- when the eggs turn from clear to white and look set, switch off the heat.
Prep Time5 Minutes
Cook Time25 Minutes