Taking Hospitality to New Heights
Taking Hospitality to New Heights is a collaborative initiative delivered by South Eastern Regional College (SERC) in conjunction with industry, to help address unique challenges within the sector and promote the industry as a vibrant and rewarding career opportunity for young people.
With the chronic shortage of acute skills in the hospitality industry well documented, the College has launched an innovative initiative to help drive much needed change within the industry. The initiative aims to globally promote Northern Ireland's exceptional food and best practice as well as showcase the varied and rewarding career opportunities that are available to young people.
SERC is currently generating momentum for the campaign by encouraging businesses large and small to get involved and help drive change within the industry.
The initiative will officially launch on:
Tuesday 28 January, 2020
SERC Space Campus, Castle Park Road, Bangor , BT20 4TD
This event will be an opportunity to find out more about the programme and how you can get involved.
The aim of the initiative is to:
- Work together to help employers tackle unique challenges
- Bring a holistic and fresh approach from employers and training providers
- Stimulate debate and collective action
- Match the skills of the workforce with the bespoke skills employers need
- Inform employers of recruitment alternatives such as apprenticeship programmes
- Showcase and create a positive perception of the hospitality industry
- Train, recruit and inspire current and emerging talent
- Share existing best practice on how businesses can take a fresh approach to alleviate the shortage
- Support new entrants to the industry
- Harness new apprenticeships to reflect skills and raise professionalism
- Enable participants to connect with local chefs, hoteliers and foodies from all sectors, at all stages of their careers, to learn, teach and inspire each other.
Overall, there is a focus on building and sustaining a pool of high-quality talent that can help the industry to continue to compete globally and address the current challenges through management training and collective action.