Ulster University Foundation Degree Hospitality & Tourism Management with Specialisms
This course offers exciting, modern and engaging content, embracing all three industries. It provides students with the opportunity to appreciate the symbiotic relationship that binds Hospitality & Tourism, while simultaneously acquiring a balanced mix of academic and practical skills.
The course provides a strong vocational content delivered through Hospitality & Tourism specific modules. You will be presented with opportunities to acquire and enhance academic, technical (industry specific) and transferable skills (communication, organisational skills, problem solving, leadership, critical thinking) which will help you to apply to relevant jobs within the Hospitality & Tourism industry.
Modules Studied Include:
- Introduction to Hospitality & Tourism
- Food and Beverage Service Operations
- Events perations
- Global Destinations
- Introduction to WBL
- Management in Action
- Managing Financial Performance
- Skills Food and Beverage Management
- WBL in Practice
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing & Entrepreneurship
By the end of the entire course, students are expected to provide evidence of a total 25 weeks industry experience, including the placement period. Students are strongly encouraged to identify and secure their own placement. SERC's Placement Officer can offer support to student's own efforts for identifying appropriate placements.
19 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials
GCSE and University General Entrance requirement statement
- Three GCSE to include GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade c or above OR Pass in Essential Skills
A minimum of 64 UCAS points including:
- Two A Levels at A2 OR
- Level 3 National Diploma
(in alignment with UU general entry requirements)
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%+ International requirements Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0; (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Grade C, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK).
- Successful completion of the Admissions Process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the Admissions Section of our website
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
You are viewing the 2023/24 version of this course, it is also available in the following years:View 2024/25 Course
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!