Siemens Level 1
A Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Assistant will function as a well-grounded machine operator in a complex system, with responsibility for efficient operation of the equipment with minimal down-times.
A Siemens Certified Mechatronic Systems Assistant will be able to:
- Localize malfunctions, identify causes and sources of malfunctions, correct malfunctions where possible, and/or document malfunctions to be passed on to the appropriate experts for resolution, or (where appropriate) to exchange or replace defective components
- Recognize potential or impending malfunctions and contact expert assistance in order to keep the production line functioning and to prevent production loss
- Perform routine, preventive maintenance
- Understand and explain the principal operations of the mechatronic subsystems in a complex system
- Understand and explain how these subsystems work together
- Read and understand the technical documents, reports, and outlines specific to the system and subsystems, and be able to consult with experts
- Work effectively as a team member and to coordinate their activities with upstream and downstream operations
- Understand and implement safety regulations required for operation of the system
Siemens Level 1
Day: Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
All courses within the Certification Program are based upon a System Approach. Students learn about individual components and system characteristics within the context of an actual mechatronic system. There are four courses within the Level 1 which are as follows:
- Course 1: Electrical Components
- Course 2: Mechanical Components and Electrical Drives
- Course 3: (Electro) Pneumatic and Hydraulic Control Circuits
- Course 4: Digital Fundamentals and PLCs
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 National Extended Diploma Engineering - Advanced Electronics
This two-year, full-time course equivalent to 3 A levels meets entry requirements for learners wanting to progress to employment in electrical and electronic engineering.
This course aims to provide each student will a better understanding of common electrical practises. Once a student has completed the course, they will not only know how to work with electricity effectively, but, also, have the ability to design, wire and troubleshoot an electrical control panel.
Introduction to Arduino
Have you ever wanted to programme your very own microcontroller? From an automatic watering system for the green house, to starting the coffee machine when you wake up, the Arduino can do it!