Pearson Edexcel Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults' Management) Wales and Northern Ireland (QCF)
This qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge needed to manage practice and lead others in Adult care setting. It confers occupational competence to work in a management role within a regulated Adult care setting. This programme incorporates managing a service, teams, individuals and resources. You will cover: motivation, communication, setting up management information systems, making sure that care homes and day care centres are safe environments to live and work in. All students in this course may be eligible for Higher Level Apprenticeship funding. Please speak to Apprenticeship Development Managers following the interview in respect of the Higher level funding for this course.
Course Code: 78043
Duration: 30 to 34 Weeks
This professional qualiﬁcation is designed to build advanced knowledge and skills required by Managers or Deputy Managers who work in the Residential / Nursing Care sector. It is the accepted qualification for registration and regulation in accordance with RQIA guidance needed. This qualification will also be appropriate for Managers who wish to gain a recognised leadership qualification. To achieve this qualification candidate’s need to complete mandatory (M) and optional (O) modules to a credit value of 120 and be competent in practical assessments i.e. complete 23 units of which 12 are mandatory (M)
- Promote Professional Development (M) *
- Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (M) *
- Manage Induction in Health and Social Care (M)*
- Undertake a Research Project within Services for Health and Social Care or Children and Young People. (O)
- Lead Person-Centred Practice (M)
- Assess the Individual in a Health and Social Care Setting (M)
- Manage domiciliary services (O)
- Develop Procedures and Practice to Respond to Concerns and Complaints. (O)
- Manage an Inter-Professional Team in a Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s setting. (O)
- Lead and Manage a Team within a Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Setting (M)
- Lead and Manage Group Living for Adults (O)
- Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings (M)
- Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support the Safeguarding of Children and Young People. (O)
- Manage Health and Social Care Practice to Ensure Positive Outcomes for Individuals (M)
- Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Adults (M)
- Manage Quality in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings. (0)
- Develop & Evaluate Operational Plans for own area of responsibility (O)
- Lead Positive Behavioural Support (O)
- Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication (M)
- Develop Health and Safety & Risk Management Policies, Procedures & Practices in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings (M)
- Develop professional supervision practice in Health & Social Care or Children & Young People's Work settings (M)
- Understand Safeguarding of Children and Young People for Those Working in the Adult Sector (M)
- Recruitment & Selection within Health & Social Care or Children & Young People's settings (O)
Pearson Edexcel Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults' Management) Wales and Northern Ireland (QCF) (Year 2)
Pearson Edexcel Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care Services (Adults' Management) Wales and Northern Ireland
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
Directed Study: 6.0 hours per week to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials Personal Study:
A further 8 -10 hours per week, on average, studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
Students would be working in a deputy management position within an adult care setting. with already having obtained level3 NVQ l3 or equivalent.
General Entry Requirements:
- Level 3 Children's Care Learning & Development OR Health qualification
- Working at a Deputy or Managerial level in a Regulated Early Years setting or have access to managerial duties at least 1 day per week in the above setting
- English GCSE/Essential Skills is preferred as desired criteria however, each candidate will be assessed on their own merit
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section.
Please discuss with Tutors support from your employer.
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
Candidates who successfully complete the program will have a Managerial qualification for the regulated Adult Care sector that is recognised by the Sector Skills Council.
Learners who achieve the Diploma could apply to progress to a Foundation Degree in a related discipline.
How will it make me more employable?
Access NI clearance will need to be processed for each student at a cost of £33.
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
CPCAB Level 4 Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling
This course offers a relational model of training based on psychodynamic and person, centred theories.
Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care (Health Studies)
This Level 3 course prepares you for careers in the health and care sector.
Level 3 National Diploma in Health and Social Care
This course can lead directly to careers in care establishments and nursing assistants or in the health and care field.
Ulster University Foundation Degree In Counselling
This course aims to provide the counselling student with a comprehensive and flexible framework for education and training in line with professional accreditation requirements, which would facilitate safe practice within both the counselling and counselling skills arenas. At all levels students will be able to gain knowledge of key aspects of the counselling process, with the aim of becoming Integrative Counsellors.