Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in International Travel and Tourism Management
This course aims to provide the Travel and Tourism student with a comprehensive and flexible framework for education and training in line with professional accreditation requirements, which would facilitate safe practice within both the Travel, Tourism sector.
Course Code: 78580
Duration: 30 Weeks
At all levels students will be able to gain knowledge of key aspects of the Travel and Tourism industry. The HNC in Travel and Tourism is achieved after 1 year of full time. (1 Academic years). Study including a combination of classroom teaching and a scheduled educational visits and guest speakers. In year 1 all students will study 4 modules over each academic year (8 in total per year)
Subjects studied will include:
- The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
- Managing the Customer Experience
- Professional Identity and Practice
- The Travel and Tourism Business Toolkit
- Leadership and Management for Service Industries (Pearson-set)
- Global Tourism Destinations
- Visitor Attraction Management or Work Experience
Pearson BTEC HNC in International Travel and Tourism Management
78580 / LNF1A
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
15 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
Mandatory Additional Study Maximum of 3 hours per week average over the academic year.
Personal Study 22 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials
GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is one of the following:
● A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Travel and Tourism
● A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C or equivalent and include subjects such as maths and English
● Other related Level 3 qualifications
● An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
A Irish Leaving Certificate with passes in four approved subjects at Grade C Higher Level
• Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
• IELTS 6.0; (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Level 2, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK).
Successful completion of the Admissions Process
Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
If you do not have English and Maths GCSE Grade C or above, you will be expected to achieve this during your studies.
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
Where will it take me?
The HNC in Travel and Tourism qualifies students to work within the industry. students can progress onto year 2 of the programme HND (depending on the number of interested applicants progressing on from year 1)
Also, this course provides students with extensive opportunities for further study at a higher level eg Preston University, John Mores University and Ulster University top up degree. Entry can range from year 1, 2 to final year entry depending on grades achieved and individual university entrance criteria set per year.
How will it make me more employable?
Successful completion of the HNC in Travel and Tourism equips students to work within the industry. The alternative 1 year of full time study provides students with flexibility of choice and opportunity to enhance current skills, knowledge and employability eg promotion opportunities, in their existing professional roles in a relevant sector eg
● Marketing and Sales Manager
● Operations Manager
● Tourism Development Manager
● Visitor Attractions Manager
● Events Manager
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism (OG)
SERC is excited to present the newly launched Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism, designed to give students the knowledge and skills that are required to work in the travel and tourism industry, delivered over 2 years.