Pearson BTEC HNC in Engineering (RQF)
The course aims to provide opportunities for engineers or technicians to study a wide and diverse range of subjects on route to achieving a Level 4, nationally recognised, vocationally specific qualification.
On completion of this programme learners can continue to HND study, enter University or commence employment.
Modules studied will include:
- Mandatory Modules:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Quality and Process Improvement
- Automation, Robotics and PLC
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
15 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
Mandatory Additional Study
Maximum of 3 hours per week average over the academic year.
22 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
A Minimum of 64 UCAS points including;
- An A level profile which demonstrates strong performance in a STEM subject, OR
- A National Level 3 qualification in Engineering
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with overall average of 58%+
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; (minimum of 5.5 in reading and Writing and 5.0 in Listening and Speaking)
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Grade C, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK).
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 Diploma Engineering – Advanced Manufacturing
This 2-year course is the equivalent to 2 A levels. This course incorporates current technical knowledge with industry recognised practical training
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering – Advanced Manufacturing
This 2-year course is equivalent to 3 A levels and contains a mixture of theoretical units and industry recognised practical training.
Engineering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
Gives you the training and skills to work in the engineering industry or progress to further study