Pearson BTEC HNC in Computing
- Professional Practice
- Database Design and Development
- Managing a Successful Computing Project
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Website Design and Development
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
7 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
A further average of 7 hours studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
General Entry Requirements:
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
- A minimum of 48 UCAS points including:
- An A level profile which demonstrates strong performance in a STEM subject, OR
- A National Level 3 qualification in Computing OR
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Pearson BTEC HND in Computing
The purpose of the BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing is to enable students to develop industry current skills, to ensure that the future needs of the rapidly evolving IT sector are fully met. This qualification will provide you with knowledge and practical experience in programming, networking, database design and development as well as other core skills required for employment within the computing industry.
Ulster University Foundation Degree in Computing
The Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Computing aims to develop industry current skills to ensure that the future needs of the IT sector are fully met. This qualification will provide you with knowledge and practical experience in programming, networking, database design and development as well as other core skills required for employment within the computing industry.
Level 2 Technical Diploma in IT
This is a one year full time programme providing students with a broad foundation in IT aimed at GCSE Level.