OFTEC Training and Assessment
The course is made up of both practical and multiple choice written assessments, you will be required to attend the college two days per week over a two week period. The cost of the course includes training, assessment and the certification fee. The course will cover OFT10-101, OFT 10-600, OFT10-105E.
- OFT10-101 Domestic commissioning and servicing of pressure jet appliances
- OFT10-600 Domestic and non domestic oil storage and supply installation
- OFT10-105E Domestic Oil Firing system Installation and energy conservation measures in Buildings
- Oil burner safety requirements
- Types of oil firing burners
- British Standards and Document L1 Building Regulations
- Fuel feed-pipe-work
- Flue and Ventilation
- Boiler commissioning
- Oil burner system, fault finding
- Thermostatic Controls
- Advanced Energy Efficiency
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Plumbing - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This 2 year course will equip you with the Level 2 outcomes required to match the occupational framework.
Plumbing - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
This 2 year course consists of advanced practical tasks to include installation and testing of oil or gas systems, unvented hot water cylinders, heating controls and fault diagnosis.
Plumbing - Skills for Work (Level 2)
This course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge to pursue a career in the plumbing industry.