NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
This is the leading recognised qualification for those whose jobs involve health and safety responsibilities. There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
Campus: SERC Professional Skills Centr
Course Code: 70457
Duration: 1 to 31 Weeks
This course is ideally suited for newly appointed Safety Officers, Safety Representatives, Risk Assessors and those from other management disciplines (Engineering, Personnel, Production and Purchasing), who have responsibilities for the health, safety and welfare of persons at work.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is based on the following 16 units:
- Health and Safety Foundations
- Organising for Health and Safety
- Promoting a Positive H&S Culture
- Risk Assessment
- Principles of Control
- Movement of People & Vehicles - Hazards and Control
- Manual/Mechanical Handling - Hazards and Control
- Work Equipment - Hazards and Control
- Electrical - Hazards and Control
- Fire - Hazards and Control
- Chemical/Biological Health - Hazards and Control
- Physical/Psychological Health - Hazards and Control
- Construction - Hazards and Control
- Incident Investigation, Recording and Reporting
- Monitoring review and Audit
The candidate should be able to apply the knowledge gained from this intensive course to the various principles that apply to their particular trade. It should give them the background legislation and rationale that apply to the above principles and to how they apply in their own working environment.
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 2 Certificate In Managing Safely
This will equip candidates with the knowledge needed to communicate with other managers, staff, trade unions, suppliers and enforcement officers on health and safety issues.
Level 2 Working Safely
Working safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding of health and safety.
Manual Handling Training
This course is aimed at employees who may need to carry out manual handling risk assessments.