Liverpool John Moores University BSc Hons Business Management
The LJMU BSc Hons Business Management is designed to equip students with the necessary skills to enter into the general business environment on completion of the programme of study. This programme is delivered on a full-time basis over a period of 3 years.
Modules of the programme are listed below;
- Operations & Technology Management
- Academic Skills & Digital Literacy
- Accounting & Finance
- Global Business Management
- Digital Business Management
- Managing People & Organisations
- Managing Processes
- Managing Finance
- Managing Data & Information
- Employability Skills
- Project Management
- Sustainable Management & ESG
- Leadership & Change Management
- Strategic Management
In the final year of the degree students will be required to complete a dissertation or an extended project report on a Business area of their choice.
Please note, course fees are payable in each year of the Programme.
Contact Hours per week
15 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
Mandatory Additional Study
Maximum of 3 hours per week average over the academic year.
20 hours studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online resources
GCSE and University General Entrance requirement statement
- Three GCSE to include GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
A minimum of 96 UCAS points including:
- Two A Levels at A2 OR
- Level 3 National Diploma
NB Please note applicants are not required to apply through UCAS
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%-65%+ with one science module at 60%+
- Co Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0; (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Level 2, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK).
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
Applicants must satisfy the University's general entry requirements and specific requirements.
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
On successful completion of this programme you will enhance your professional development and as a Business Studies graduate you will be able to offer a current or potential employer a range of business skills that will be beneficial to their organisation.
Possible further study may include postgraduate qualifications such as Masters Degrees, and professional qualifications from bodies such as Chartered Institute of Marketing, Institute of Personnel Development, Accounting Technicians Ireland, Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, Association of Project Management.
You will learn transferrable skills such as communication, organisational skills, problem solving, leadership and critical thinking which will help you to apply to relevant jobs within the business environment. The programme is designed to facilitate your development of a range of graduate qualities that are highly valued in the workplace. These include:
- Having an ability to operate with a body of knowledge
- Being an effective problem solver
- Working autonomously and collaboratively
- Demonstrating commitment to ethical action and social responsibility
- Communicating effectively
Students may also have the opportunity to participate in an International Study Tour, which will be self-funded by the student or fully funded through the Turing scheme. The cost of this study tour will vary from year to year depending upon location however, it is approximately in the region of £300-£400. Students may also be required to participate in industrial visits; the costs of these visits throughout the year are estimated at a cost to the student of approx. £100 in total.
Course and Provider regulated by Liverpool John Moore University.
For more information or help with this course send us an enquiry and a member of our team will get back in touch.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
For more information or help with this course please complete an enquiry form.
You are viewing the 2023/24 version of this course, it is also available in the following years:View 2024/25 Course
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Stay connected to SERC: Your guide to upcoming college events!