Level 4 Automation, Robotics and Programmable Logic Controllers
The course is studied over a period of 17 weeks and comprises a single unit accreditation for Unit 15: Automation , Robotics & Programmable Logic Controllers from the Pearson BTEC HNC Engineering qualification.
Among the topics included in this unit are: PLC system operational characteristics, different types of programming languages, types of robots and cell safety features.
Contact Hours Per Week 3 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
Personal Study to include Practical Assessments
A further 3 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials
General Entry Requirements:
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at Grade C or above to include:
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
- A minimum of 64 UCAS points
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 National Extended Diploma Engineering - Advanced Electronics
This 2-year course is the equivalent to 3 A levels. The course combines theoretical and practical electrical/ electronic engineering units
Electrical Maintenance Training
This course is designed to provide engineers with a solid understanding of electrical control equipment typically used in the field of maintenance engineering.
This course aims to provide the basic understanding for electrical maintenance and servicing including health and safety requirements and basic principles.