Level 3 National Extended Diploma Engineering – Mechatronics
This 2-year course is equivalent to 3 A Levels. This course will help you to develop engineering skills and techniques transferable to future employment in the engineering industry
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Modules studied in year 1 may include:
- Engineering Principles
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering
- Manufacturing Secondary Machining Processes
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
Units studies in year 2 include:
- Microcontroller Systems for Engineers
- A Specialist Engineering Project
- Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Electronic Printed Circuit Board Design and Manufacture
- Manufacturing Computer Numerical Control Machining Processes
- Static Mechanical Principles in Practice
- Mechanical Measurement and Inspection
In addition to the above units you will also work towards a Professional/ Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability within the Engineering sector.
You will be required to complete Essential Skills ICT if you do not have a GCSE grade C.
You will attend college a minimum of 17.5 hours per week.
Assessment for this programme is carried out on a continuous basis using a combination of written assignments and practical assessments for 12 units. Engineering Principles and Engineering Product Design and Manufacture will require an external exam in year 1. In year 2 Microcontroller Systems for Engineers will be externally examined
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 Diploma Engineering – Advanced Manufacturing
This 2-year course is the equivalent to 2 A levels. This course incorporates current technical knowledge with industry recognised practical training
Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Engineering – Advanced Manufacturing
This 2-year course is equivalent to 3 A levels and contains a mixture of theoretical units and industry recognised practical training.
Engineering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
Gives you the training and skills to work in the engineering industry or progress to further study