Level 3 National Extended Diploma Engineering - Mechatronics
Level 3 National Extended Diploma Engineering - Mechatronics (Year 1)
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
Modules studied in year 1 may include:
- Engineering Principles
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering
- Manufacturing Secondary Machining Processes
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
Units studies in year 2 include:
- Microcontroller Systems for Engineers
- A Specialist Engineering Project
- Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems
- Static Mechanical Principles in Practice
- Mechanical Measurement and Inspection
- Electronic Measurement and Testing of Circuits
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Computer Aided Design in Engineering
In addition to the above units you will also work towards a Professional/ Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability within the Engineering sector.
There is also two weeks work experience in year 2 of the programme.
You will be required to complete Essential Skills ICT if you do not have a GCSE grade C.
You will attend college a minimum of 16.75 hours per week.
Assessment for this programme is carried out on a continuous basis using a combination of written assignments and practical assessments for 15 units. Engineering Principles and Engineering Product Design and Manufacture will require an external exam in year 1. In year 2 Microcontroller Systems for Engineers will be externally examined
5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths and preferably English (at least a D) (or Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy and Numeracy) and one science or technology-based subject.
Or a Level 2 Diploma in Engineering (Merit) plus Level 2 Essential Skills in Numeracy and Literacy.
If you have just completed your GCSEs, Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 National Diploma Engineering - Advanced Manufacturing
This 2-year course is the equivalent to 2 A levels. This course incorporates current technical knowledge with industry recognised practical training
Level 3 National Extended Diploma Engineering - Advanced Manufacturing
This two-year full-time course, equivalent to 3 A levels meets the requirements for learners who wish to progress to employment or further study in manufacturing engineering.
Engineering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
Gives you the training and skills to work in the engineering industry or progress to further study