Land Based Engineering - Skills for Work (Level 2)
Designed for students who may wish to work in agricultural engineering, this course provides an underpinning knowledge of the theory whilst also providing opportunities to practise the skills learnt.
Course Code: 71821
Duration: 48 Weeks
You will learn about the principles of mechanical engineering, health and safety and be able to service machinery in line with the specifications laid out by the manufacturer.
- Land based engineering operations - applying mechanical principles
- Land based engineering operations - understand how to use, service and maintain tools and equipment
- Land based engineering operations - material preparation, shaping and assembling
- Monitor and maintain health and safety in a land based engineering work area
- Land based engineering operations - carry out servicing and maintenance on land based equipment
- Land based engineering operations - service and repair engines and components
- Introduction to land based machinery operations
Land Based Engineering - Skills for Work (Level 2) - Year 1
71821 / LNF1A
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
This qualification is designed to develop individual’s knowledge and application of diagnosing and rectifying vehicle system faults.
Construction Plant Maintenance - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This 2 year course will equip you with the skills needed to become a construction plant mechanic involved in the service and maintenance of equipment used on construction sites.
Vehicle Maintenance & Repair (Light Vehicle) - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This course is offered with Light Vehicle Repair or Heavy Vehicle Repair options.