Hospitality - Work Based Apprenticeship (Supervision & Leadership) (Level 3)
This Apprenticeship in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership is delivered in the workplace and enables you to 'Earn while you learn!'
Campus: Off Site
Course Code: 78570
Duration: 26 to 48 Weeks
This Apprenticeship is the equivalent to two 'A' Levels and will allow you to gain new practical skills and theoretical knowledge in supervision and leadership within the hospitality industry .
Delivery of this Apprenticeship will take place within your workplace by a Trainer/Assessor on a one to one basis, with the support of your employer.
Modules you will study will include:
- Set objectives and provide support for team members
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Lead a team to improve customer service
Optional modules may include:
- Supervise food production operations
- Supervise functions
- Supervise food service
- Supervise drink services
- Supervise housekeeping operations
- Supervise portering and concierge operations
- Supervise reception services
- Supervise reservations and booking services
- Contribute to promoting hospitality products and services
- Contribute to the development of recipes and menus
- Supervise off-site food delivery service
- Supervise cellar and drink storage operations
- Manage the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods
- Supervise the wine store/ cellar and dispense counter
- Supervise vending service
- Supervise linen services
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Improve the customer relationship
- Support learning and development within own area of responsibility
- Supervise the use of technological equipment in hospitality services
- Supervise practices for handling payments
- Contribute to the development of a wine list
- Manage the environmental impact of work activities
- Contribute to the selection of staff for activities
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Lead and manage meetings
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities in the Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism Sector
As part of your Apprenticeship you will also be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy and Numeracy if you do not have a GCSE Grade C in English or Maths, or equivalent.
Your employed! If you are starting a new job within the Hospitality Industry or moved into a new position within your current company, and want to develop your skills and career within the restaurant, bar or counter service then this is the perfect option for you.
Not got employment yet? If you want to work in the Hospitality & Catering Industry then liaise with our Apprenticeship team now.
To be permanently employed or seeking employment within the Hospitality & Catering Industry and be contracted to work a minimum of 21 hours per week. To be eligible for the Apprenticeship you will be aged between 16-24.
Entry requirement to Hospitality: At least 9 months experience of working in the hospitality sector. Completion of the Level 2 ApprenticeshipsNI framework in Hospitality & Catering or Catering & Professional Chefs or gained significant work experience in their occupational area.
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 NVQ Professional Cookery - Patisserie and Confectionery
This course is suitable if you wish to pursue a career in advanced patisserie
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This course aims to provide realistic training in food preparation for the industry at a basic level.
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
This course is aimed at those who have achieved a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Professional Cookery
Ulster University Foundation Degree In Tourism, Hospitality and Events
This course offers exciting, modern and engaging content, embracing all three industries. It provides students with the opportunity to appreciate the symbiotic relationship that binds tourism, hospitality and events, while simultaneously acquiring a balanced mix of academic and practical skills.