Hospitality - Work Based Apprenticeship (Food & Beverage Service) (Level 2)
This Apprenticeship in Food and Beverage Service is delivered in the workplace and enables you to 'Earn while you learn!'
Campus: Off Site
Course Code: 78565
Duration: 26 to 48 Weeks
This Apprenticeship is the equivalent to five GCSEs at A*-C and will allow you to gain new practical skills and theoretical knowledge in the hospitality industry within food and beverage service.
Delivery of this Apprenticeship will take place within your workplace by a Trainer/Assessor on a one to one basis, with the support of your employer.
Modules you will study will include:
- Maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of self and your organisation
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
Optional modules may include:
- Employment rights & responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector
- Provide a counter and takeaway service
- Serve food at the table
- Provide a silver service
- Provide a buffet and carvery service
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Prepare and serve cocktails
- Prepare and serve wines
- Prepare and serve dispensed and instant hot drinks
- Prepare and serve hot drinks using specialist equipment
- Prepare and clear areas for counter and takeaway service
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Prepare and clear the bar area
- Maintain cellars and kegs
- Clean drinks dispense lines
- Receive, store and issue drinks stock
- Resolve customer service problems
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Deal with customers across a language divide,
- Maintain customer service through effective handover
- Maintain and deal with payments
As part of your Apprenticeship you will also be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy and Numeracy if you do not have a GCSE Grade C in English or Maths, or equivalent.
Hospitality - Work Based Apprenticeship (Food & Beverage Service) (Level 2) - Holding Code
78565 / OSH1A
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
Your employed! If you are starting a new job within the Hospitality Industry or moved into a new position within your current company, and want to develop your skills and career within the restaurant, bar or counter service then this is the perfect option for you.
Not got employment yet? If you want to work in the Hospitality & Catering Industry then liaise with our Apprenticeship team now.
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Level 3 NVQ Professional Cookery - Patisserie and Confectionery
This course is suitable if you wish to pursue a career in advanced patisserie
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 2)
This course aims to provide realistic training in food preparation for the industry at a basic level.
Catering - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
This course is aimed at those who have achieved a Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Professional Cookery
Ulster University Foundation Degree In Tourism, Hospitality and Events
This course offers exciting, modern and engaging content, embracing all three industries. It provides students with the opportunity to appreciate the symbiotic relationship that binds tourism, hospitality and events, while simultaneously acquiring a balanced mix of academic and practical skills.