ATI Level 5 Diploma for Accounting Technicians
ATI is a professional body in its own right controlled by Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI). It is important to note this qualification must be started and completed in Ireland.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Taxation
- Integrated Accounting Systems (IAS)
- Management Accounting
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
7 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
A further 6-8 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Maths Grade C or above (no equivalency acceptable)
- Four passes at Grade C or above, 2 of which to include English (or equivalent) and Maths (must be GCSE Maths)
- In order to gain entry to this course, students need to have successfully completed the Level 4 Certificate in Accounting Technician accredited by ATI (Accounting Technicians Ireland).
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%-65%+ including one science module at a minimum of 60%
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
ATI Level 5 Diploma for Accounting Technicians consists of a set of 4 examinations which are all externally assessed by ATI.
Where will it take me?
Organisations of all sizes from large multinationals to local firms depend on people skilled in accounting, finance and management. Careers opportunities span a vast array of industries and job roles to suit all interests. There is a strong demand for accountancy skills in the workplace.
As an Accounting Technician you will be qualified to work in many types of accountancy positions and general management positions. Further study can lead to the Chartered Accountancy route.
How will it make me more employable?
The Accounting Technicians Ireland qualification has a distinct advantage in the market place as many employers view it as essential, when they are hiring. The course has enabled completing students to apply for key roles in accounting practices and in industry.
For example, many graduates pursue further accounting studies with organisations such as Chartered Accountants Ireland (CAI), or the other professional bodies like the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA), or the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). All these bodies offer Accounting Technicians Ireland graduates significant exemptions for taking their exams.
Registration fees paid directly to ATI, which includes ATI registration fee, module textbooks and exams fees. Fees are currently £590 but this may increase slightly.
Full details will be known once ATI confirm the fees for 18/19.
If you have just completed your A-Levels, Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND & Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Liverpool John Moores University BA Business Studies
The BA (Hons) Business Studies Degree programme is designed to equip students with the necessary skills to enter into the general business environment on completion of the programme of study. This programme is delivered on a full-time basis over a period of 3 years.
Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Business
This is a 2 year standalone course it is equivalent to 3 A Levels. Through this course you will learn about a range of business-related topics
Ulster University Foundation Degree in Leadership and Management
The Foundation Degree in Leadership and Management, validated by the Ulster University, has been developed to upskill and professionalise current and future business leaders.