VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Reflexology for the Complementary Therapist
VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Reflexology (QCF) is a government skills approved qualification covering advanced reflexology techniques suitable to be used in clinical settings.
During this course you will study mandatory advanced reflexology techniques to include, hand, ear, face, maternity reflexology in all stages of pregnancy and post pregnancy, palliative care and life limiting conditions, foot reading and emotional interpretations and other specialist techniques. The study of a range of applications such as meridian reflexology, zone therapy and other techniques to maximise understanding and precision in working practices.
Mandatory VTCT Units:
- Interpersonal skills for the complementary therapist
- Advanced anatomy and physiology for the complementary therapist
- Advanced reflexology techniques for the complementary therapist
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
8 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
A further 6 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments (To include practice on clients) in your own time per week, including use of online materials
General Entry Requirements:
There is a prerequisite of level 3 Diploma qualification in Reflexology which must include Anatomy and Physiology.
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
Where will it take me?
On successful completion of this qualification, students will be eligible to apply for vacancies in a variety of roles, either within a hospital, hospice or health care environment or self-employed in a complementary health clinic, beauty spa or private clinic.
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
The programme will help you develop an understanding of the beauty profession and deliver the basic skills and requirements for employment in the industry. Units covered include facials, waxing, manicures, pedicures, make up application, Health and Safety
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
This one year intensive course, provides you with a broad range of options for a future career in beauty therapy.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Spa Therapy
This Programme is designed for those who want to be employed in the International Spa and Beauty Industry.