VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Aromatherapy for the Complementary Therapist
VTCT Level 4 Diploma in Aromatherapy is a government skills approved qualification covering advanced aromatherapy blending and methods suitable for use in clinical settings.
Course Code: 78410
Duration: 31 to 32 Weeks
You will investigate and compare sources of essential oils, methods of extraction and a deeper knowledge of the chemistry and clinical effect. Study quality and therapeutic value when using the oils. The study of more unusual essential oils and carriers. Do research projects.
Mandatory VTCT Modules:
- Interpersonal skills for the complementary therapist
- Advanced anatomy and physiology for the complementary therapist
- Advanced aromatherapy for the complementary therapist
Contact Hours per week
8 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials
A further 6 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments (To include practice on clients) in your own time per week, including use of online materials
General Entry Requirements:
- There is a prerequisite of level 3 Diploma qualification in Aromatherapy which must include Anatomy and Physiology.
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- By Interview
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning or previous qualifications. Further details on APL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
The programme will help you develop an understanding of the beauty profession and deliver the basic skills and requirements for employment in the industry. Units covered include facials, waxing, manicures, pedicures, make up application, Health and Safety
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy General
This one year intensive course, provides you with a broad range of options for a future career in beauty therapy.
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Spa Therapy
This Programme is designed for those who want to be employed in the International Spa and Beauty Industry.