The course aims to develop practical skills and knowledge essential to your job in polymer processing.
Subjects studied will include:
• Polymer processing and related operations or performing engineering operations
• Polymer NVQ Level 3 units
• Technical certificate i.e. BTEC National Certificate in Polymer Processing and Materials Technology which covers units in basic polymer technology
• ICT and MIS in the polymer industry
• Introductory science for polymer technicians
• Mathematics and statistics for polymer technicians
• Health, safety and welfare
• Plastics processing
• Polymer science
• Quality assurance and control
You will study Essential Skills at Level 2 in Numeracy and Literacy, unless exempt through appropriate GCSE grades C in Maths and English, and IT Key Skills.