Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plastering (Construction) – Solid (6573-01)
Plasterers prepare walls and ceilings for decoration and finishing.
You will attend the college 1-2 days per week and 2-3 days will be spent on site.
This is a 2 year course to equip you with the skills and knowledge to develop a career in plastering.
Modules studied may include:
• Safe working practices
• Information, quantities and communicating
• Building methods and construction technology
• Apply plaster materials to external surfaces
• Fix dry lining and plasterboard products to interiors
• Sand and cement screeds
• Produce plaster components
• Apply plaster materials to internal surfaces
• Position and secure fibrous plaster components
• Apply internal and external finishings and lay floor screed; produce and fix fibrous work.
You will be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy, Numeracy and IT if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English, Maths or IT.
You may also have the opportunity to participate in the Young Enterprise NI programme which will develop your employability skills and help you explore the idea of starting your own business.