Successful completion of this apprenticeship will provide you with the, Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF)- the knowledge based qualification, and the Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) - the competence based element. The aim is that you achieve qualified status within the Dispensing Pharmaceutical Industry.
Completion of the provision will lead to the award of a Level 3 qualification and recognition as a qualified person within the industry sector.
Typically you will be in class for a minimum of 10 hours one day per week.
Modules may include:
There are 14 Mandatory Units and at least 3 Optional Units on the Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) which includes:
- Providing an effective and responsive pharmacy service
- Processing pharmaceutical queries
- Assembling and issuing prescribed items
- Ordering, receiving, maintaining and issuing pharmaceutical stock
- Preparing extemporaneous medicines for personal use.
There are 19 Mandatory units on the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical science (QCF)which may includes:
- Chemical Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
- Biological Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Law, Ethics and Practice
- Microbiology for Pharmacy Technicians
You will be required to complete the Pharmacy specific ERR workbook provided by Skills for Health.
You will be required to complete Essential Skills Literacy, Numeracy and ICT if you do not have a GCSE Grade C or above in these subjects.