Pearson BTEC HND in Computing and Systems Development (Top Up)
This course will provide you with skills in programming, networking, e-business and computing in Business.
Students can study this programme as a part time 'top up' option following completion of an HNC (QCF). The course is studied over a minimum of 2 years and comprises a minimum 8 units.
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Website Design
- Procedural Programming
- Event Driven Programming
- Networking Technologies
- Local Area Networking Technologies
- Database Design Concepts
- Data Analysis and Design
- Web Applications Development
- Digital Image Creation and Development
- Programming in .NET
- Work Based Experience
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
7 hours per week to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
A further 8 -10 hours per week, on average, studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials
General Entry Requirements:
- Completion of HNC Computing programme on the QCF framework
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Where will it take me?
How will it make me more employable?
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Pearson BTEC HND in Computing
This course will provide you with the skills to prepare you for employment and further study within the computing industry.
Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Computing
This course will provide you with skills in programming, networking, database design and development and other core skills required for employment within the computing industry.
Ulster University Foundation Degree in Computing
The Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Computing aims to develop industry current skills to ensure that the future needs of the IT sector are fully met.