Pearson BTEC HND Engineering (Manufacturing)
The course aims to provide opportunities for Mechanical/Manufacturing engineers or technicians to achieve a Level 5, nationally recognised, vocationally specific qualification.
On completion of this programme learners can continue to university or commence employment.
Modules studied will include:
- Research Project (double unit)
- Professional Engineering Management
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Lean Manufacturing
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology
- Production Engineering for Manufacture
- Virtual Engineering
- Further Mathematics
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
Contact Hours per week
15 hours contact time to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
Mandatory Additional Study
Maximum of 3 hours per week average over the academic year.
22 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments in your own time per week, including use of online materials.
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Numeracy
HNC Engineering at overall Pass
- Learners wishing to enrol on this programme must have completed an HNC in Engineering as a prerequisite.
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with overall average of 58%+
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- PTE 51
- IELTS 5.5; (minimum of 5.5 in reading and Writing and 5.0 in Listening and Speaking)
- Or equivalent (Examples of equivalent qualifications would be a GCSE in English, Level 3 Programmes, Essential Skills in Literacy – Grade C, ESOL Level 2 or another qualifications gained at an Institution within the UK)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
Where will it take me?
This course normally allows progression onto the second year of a Degree programme. Successful completion will enable students to apply for careers within the engineering sector. Past SERC graduates have worked for organisations such as Munster Simms, Datum Tool Design, Bombardier, 3M, Crane Energy, Kingspan, Sepha and Intel.
How will it make me more employable?
The course provides the opportunity to develop your engineering skills and project management capabilities through the engineering units and Project Based Learning required to complete the course. You will learn transferrable skills such as communication, organisational skills, problem solving, leadership and critical thinking which will help you apply to relevant jobs within the manufacturing industry.
Estimated at £50 to use on materials for final year project.
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (Manufacturing)
This 2-year course is the equivalent to 2 A levels. This course incorporates current technical knowledge with industry recognised practical training
Pearson BTEC HNC Engineering (Manufacturing) (RQF)
The course aims to provide opportunities for mechanical/manufacturing engineers or technicians to achieve a nationally recognised, vocationally specific Level 4 qualification, and to develop a range of skills and techniques.
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
This 2-year course is equivalent to 3 A levels and contains a mixture of theoretical units and industry recognised practical training.