Liverpool John Moores University BA Business Studies
The BA Hons Business Studies Degree is designed to equip students with the necessary skills to engage in the general Business Environment on completion of this 4 year programme of study.
Course Code: 70010
Duration: 26 to 29 Weeks
Modules of the programme are listed below, all modules are mandatory there are no optional modules in this programme
- Contemporary Business Issues
- Business Process Management
- Digital Business
- Academic and Business Skills
- Marketing for Business
- Organisational Behaviour
- Finance & Accounting Skills
- Employability Skills
- Economic & Regulation
- Managing Business Projects
- Law for Business Studies
- International Institutions, Trade & Markets
- Research Methods
- Service Quality Management*
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Business Studies Project or Strategic Decision Making & Business Consultancy
- Strategic Management
- Marketing for Emerging Markets*
- International Business Cultures*
In the final year of the degree students will be required to complete a dissertation or an extended project report on a Business area of their choice.
Liverpool John Moores University BA Business Studies - Year 2 (Year 2)
70010 / BRD2A
Please select a campus from the list above to view the available sessions.
Contact Hours per week
7.5 hours per week (Tuesday & Thursday evenings) to include practical classes, lectures, workshops or tutorials.
A further 12 hours maximum studying and preparing assessments.
General Entry Requirements:
- GCSE English Language Grade C or above OR Pass in Level 2 Essential Skills Literacy
- GCSE Mathematics Grade C or above. No Equivalency is acceptable.
- Applicants should possess a minimum of 96 UCAS points
- Alternatively, relevant industrial experience may be taken into consideration
- Access Diploma in Foundation Studies with an overall average of 60%-65%+ including one science module at a minimum of 60%
English Language Requirements for International students:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2
- IELTS 6.0 (minimum of 5.5 in all skills)
- PTE 51 Or an approved equivalent test in English
Equivalent qualifications include:
- Grade C (or above) in GCSE English
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 Vocational Programme with assessments completed in English Language
- Essential Skills in Literacy (Level 2)
- ESOL Level 2
Tier 4 Students:
- SERC will only accept a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for issuing a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
- Successful completion of the admissions process
- Provide evidence of ability to undertake the programme by meeting the requirements for the accreditation of prior experiential learning. Further details on APEL can be found in the admissions section
Applicants must satisfy the University’s general entry requirements and specific requirements.
How will I be assessed and given feedback?
Students are assessed using a range of different methods. These include examinations, coursework, Project Based Learning, presentations, practical, posters, leaflets, role-play, and case studies. This is dependent on the requirements of each unit of study. Oral, written and online feedback will be provided during your course to help improve and monitor performance.
Where will it take me?
On successful completion of this programme you will enhance your professional development and as a Business Studies graduate you will be able to offer a current or potential employer a range of business skills that will be beneficial to their organisation.
This is particularly pertinent to the following areas of business: Marketing, Finance, Management, Supply Chain Management and Logistics, Corporate Social Responsibility, Quality Management, E-business, Project Management.
Possible further study may include postgraduate qualifications such as Masters Degrees, and professional qualifications from bodies such as Chartered Institute of Marketing, Institute of Personnel Development, Accounting Technicians Ireland, Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply, Association of Project Management.
How will it make me more employable?
You will learn transferable skills such as communication, organisational skills, problem solving, leadership and critical thinking which will help you to apply to relevant jobs within the Business Environment. The programme is designed to facilitate your development of a range of graduate qualities that are highly valued in the workplace.
Students may have the opportunity to participate in an International Study Tour, which will be self-funded by the student. The cost of this study tour will vary from year to year depending upon location however, it is approximated in the region of £300-400. Students may also be required to participate in industrial visits, the costs of these visits throughout the year are estimated at a cost to the student of approx. £100 in total.
Course and Provider regulated by Liverpool John Moore University.
If you have just completed your A-Levels Higher Education is most likely the option for you. HE usually covers HNC, HND, Foundation Degree level of courses including our Higher Level Apprenticeships.Explore Higher Education
Liverpool John Moores University BA Business Studies
The BA (Hons) Business Studies Degree programme is designed to equip students with the necessary skills to enter into the general business environment on completion of the programme of study. This programme is delivered on a full-time basis over a period of 3 years.
ATI Level 5 Diploma for Accounting Technicians
The Level 5 Diploma is the 2nd year of the ATI (Accounting Technicians Ireland) qualification.
Ulster University Foundation Degree in Leadership and Management
The Foundation Degree in Leadership and Management, validated by the Ulster University, has been developed to upskill and professionalise current and future business leaders.