This 1 year course is the equivalent to 2 AS levels. This course incorporates current technical knowledge with industry recognised practical training.
Subjects studied include:
- Health & Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mechanical Principles & Applications
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Engineering Secondary & Finishing Techniques
You will also work towards a Professional Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve your employability. You will be required to complete Essential Skills Literacy, Numeracy and ICT if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English, Maths or ICT. You will attend college a minimum of 15 hours per week.