This 1 year course is the equivalent to 2 AS levels and combines a mix of theoretical and practical training . Subjects studied include:
- Health & Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mechanical Principles & Applications
- Maths for Engineering Technicians
- Principles & Applications of Electronic Devices & Circuits
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Microprocessors in Engineering
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability. You will be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT if you do not have a GCSE grade C in these subjects. You will attend college a minimum of 15 hours per week.