Level 3 Pharmacy Services
This course complies with British Pharmacy legislation and provides an opportunity for career development. This course is a combination of the BTEC L3 in Pharmaceutical science and the NVQ L 3 in Pharmacy services.
The aim of this course is that you achieve qualified status within the Dispensing Pharmaceutical Industry. The requirement for this is both qualifications; The BTEC L3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science and the NVQ L3 Diploma in Pharmacy Services. However, the option is available to complete either independently.
Please Note: This is a two-year programme, which may consist of two courses. Fees displayed are for one option, the BTEC only and year one only. Full fees are dependent on the option chosen. To be advised of all options available and fees please contact customer services.
Sorry you cannot currently apply online for this course.
There are 19 compulsory units which may include these examples:
- Chemical Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
- Biological Principles for Pharmacy Technicians
- Pharmacy Law, Ethics and Practice
- An Introduction to Action and Uses of Medicines
- Making Medicines
- Communication in Pharmacy
- Professional Development in Pharmacy
- Human Physiology for Pharmacy Technicians
- Microbiology for Pharmacy Technicians
For the L3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Services:
There are 14 Mandatory Units and at least 3 Optional Units on the Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (QCF) which includes:
- Providing an effective and responsive pharmacy service
- Processing pharmaceutical queries
- Assembling and issuing prescribed items
- Ordering, receiving, maintaining and issuing pharmaceutical stock
- Preparing extemporaneous medicines for personal use
For the BTEC:
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including English and Maths and Science. Equivalent qualifications will be considered individually.
For the NVQ:
- You must be employed in an appropriate role within a pharmacy (min 14 hours per week)
If you have just completed your GCSEs Further Education is most likely the option for you. FE covers qualifications from entry to higher level qualifications such as Awards, Certificates, Diplomas, NVQ, BTEC and Apprenticeships.Explore Further Education
Pearson BTEC HNC in Applied Biology
The HNC in Applied Biology prepares you for employment in the science industry and provides you with the opportunity to gain entry to relevant Degree programmes. The learning experience is a combination of laboratory based training, field work, theoretical knowledge and e-learning. The programme incorporates a number of talks by experts from the industry and includes visits to industries, university laboratories, hospital laboratories and conservation areas.
Pharmacy services - Apprenticeship NI (Level 3)
The aim of this apprenticeship is that you achieve qualified status within the Dispensing Pharmaceutical Industry
Ulster University Foundation Degree in Science in Applied and Medical Sciences
The Foundation Degree in Applied and Medical Sciences aims to ensure that the evolving needs of the science sector are met, including laboratory based training, theoretical knowledge and e-learning.