This course is a practical, vocational Applied Science course, equivalent to 1.5 A levels, that prepares learners for work or further study in a related scientific discipline.
Typically, you will be in class for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
There are 6 modules of which 2 are externally assessed.
MODULES MAY INCLUDE:
Mandatory modules may include:
- Principles and Applications of science (Exam)
- Practical scientific Procedures and Techniques
- Scientific Investigation skills (External Assessment)
- Laboratory Techniques and their applications
Optional modules will be a choice of:
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Human Regulation and reproduction
- Biological Molecules and Metabolic Pathways
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability. You will be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy and Numeracy if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English or Maths or ICT.