This course will suit you if you've worked in a professional kitchen for some time, or have a Level 2 qualification and you want to develop your skills further, perhaps to become a specialist chef or move into a management role. This qualification is ideal if you wish to focus on the Patisserie and Confectionery specialism to become a pastry chef.
This course will be completed over 15 to 21 hours per week dependent on student's Essential Skills requirement.
Modules may include:
• Establishing and developing positive working relationships in hospitality
• Maintaining health, hygiene safety and security of the working environment.
Optional units may include:
• Preparing, cooking and finishing healthier dishes
• Preparing, cooking and finishing complex bread and dough products
• Preparing, cooking and finishing complex cakes, biscuits, sponges and scones
• Preparing, cooking and finishing complex pastry products
• Preparing, cooking and finishing chocolate products
• Preparing, processing and finishing marzipan, pastillage and sugar products
• Preparing and cooking complex hot desserts
• Preparing and cooking complex cold desserts
• Producing sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts.