NVQ Level 3 Spa Therapy will give you the opportunity to gain a broader knowledge of Beauty Therapy and Spa Therapy treatments. This will enable you to have a better career choice. This is a very intensive programme and requires commitment and home study to enable you to successfully complete the programme in one year.
Modules may include:
- Monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and hydrotherapy treatments
- Provide body wrapping and flotation treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Provide Facial Electrical Treatments
Optional: (your tutor will inform you of the optional units to be completed)
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
You will complete work experience in the College’s commercial beauty salon.
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability.
You will be required to attend essential skills in Literacy, Numeracy and IT if you do not have a GCSE in English, Maths and IT.
The full-time course will be timetabled over 21 hours per week ie - 15 hours of vocational classes, 3 hours per week employability training and 3 hours per week Essential skills English and Maths.