This course provides you with the relevant professional training, education and qualifications to become a beauty therapist. It is particularly suitable if you are interested in massage, electrical treatments and aromatherapy. This is a very intensive course that requires commitment and home study to enable you to successfully complete the programme in 1 year.
Units will include:
- Provide body electrical treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide electrical epilation treatments
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Optional: (your tutor will inform you of the optional units to be completed)
- Provide Indian head massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Provide self-tanning services
- Provide stone therapy treatments
If you are a full-time student you will be required to complete Essential Skills in Literacy, Numeracy or ICT if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English or Maths or Computing
The full-time course will be timetabled over 21 hours per week ie - 15 hours of vocational classes, 3 hours per week employability training and 3 hours per week Essential skills English and Maths.