This course is available to students who have successfully completed a BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Music Technology.
This 1-year course is designed to prepare you for a career within the sound/music industry giving you an up-to-date skill-set using the latest music technologies. It focuses on a practical & creative approach to learning key industry related skills, e.g. studio recording & production, concert staging & live sound engineering, electronic music production & performance. This is a 1-year top-up course equivalent to 3 A levels.
Practical workshops delivered by specialist tutors creatively explore a range of new technologies: Pro Tools, Reason, Ableton, Reaktor, AudioMulch, Avid S6, Focusrite RedNet, Avid S3L & Venue, Yamaha LS9.
Subjects studied may include:
• Planning & Delivering a Music Product (studio recording & production major project)
• Concert Staging and Production
• Sound Creation and Manipulation
• Music Technology in Performance
• Music Project
• Acoustics For Musicians
• Listening Skills for Music Technology
• The Music Freelance World
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability.