This course is offered on a full time and part time basis. The Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to 2 A Levels.
The programme combines manufacturing, CADCAM and IT units, and is designed to give you the choice of pursuing a career in practical engineering or progressing to Higher National Certificate (HNC) or Higher National Diploma (HND) in engineering disciplines.
Subjects studied will include:
- Communications for technicians
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workshop
- Science for technicians
- Mathematics for technicians
- Project (manufacturing)
- Manufacturing systems and technology
- Engineering materials
- Engineering drawing
- Engineering design
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD)
- CNC machining
- Computer-Aided Manufacture (CAM)
European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) may be offered as an additional qualification.