This is a technical qualification that is designed for learners aged 16-19 who want to study Media where they can learn and be assessed in ways that are practical to the Media Sector. This qualification was developed in close collaboration with industry and is supported by both the sector skills council and a range of professional organisations/employers that represent the sector. It is designed to give learners the practical and creative skills that transfer easily into the workplace.
You will work on a variety of exciting projects developing new programmes for TV or Radio, designing websites, designing magazine double page spreads, DVD covers, flyers, using digital SLRs to photograph on location or in studio. You will also learn the skills to produce, and edit Film and sound.
You will study UK Film and develop a range of Media technical skills. You will also have the opportunity to broadcast on our own College community Radio station.
Learners will take 9 units. These units cover broader areas of study such as scriptwriting, Audio visual advertising, Print production and Film production.
OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma in Media (top up) Units:-
• Unit 11- Scriptwriting for Media products
• Unit 13- Planning and pitching a print based Media product
• Unit 14 Producing a Print based Media product.
• Unit 15 Print based advertising Media
• Unit 21 Audio Advertising Media
• Unit 41 Production and Post-Production for Film
• Unit 43 Production and Post Production for TV
• Unit 53-UK Radio broadcasting
• Unit 23 Planning a Media event