This award is designed for technicians who maintain and repair electric vehicles.
It contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely in and around the vehicle's high & low voltage electrical system and electric drive train system whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance.
Course content may include:
- Know about Electrically propelled vehicle system components and operation
- Understand the hazards surrounding Electrically propelled vehicles
- Know how to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on Electrically propelled vehicles
- Know how to safely prepare the vehicle in order to carry out maintenance and repair activities on Electrically propelled vehicles
- Be able to work safely on an electrically propelled vehicle
- Be able to use information to carry out the task
- Be able to use appropriate tools and equipment
- Know how to carry out repairs on High energy electrical systems
- Be able to carry out repairs on High energy electrical systems
- Be able to record information and make suitable recommendations