WORK AND CIVIL ENGINEERING APPRENTICESHIP
This programme is run through WORK +, we are just the college provider, you must firstly apply through them at the following link https://www.ice.org.uk/about-ice/near-you/uk/northern-ireland/education#work__apprenticeship
If you are unsuccessful in securing employment with WORK +, the college will offer you an alternative Full-time course.
There is a major demand for Civil Engineering Skills. The Work + apprenticeship is your first step into this growing industry. Civil Engineers design the infrastructure that we use everyday.
- Building Roads and Bridges
- Creating Buildings
- Ensuring there is a supply of clean water
- Designing Gas, Electricity and Energy Networks
Delivery Hours : Approximately 9 hours/week in college
This course will provide you with the skills you need to start working in the Civil Engineering Industry. You will undertake the Pearson Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment (Civil Engineering).This consists of 7 mandatory units and 5 optional units.
The mandatory units are:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and the Built Environment
- Sustainable Construction
- Mathematics in Construction and the Built Environment
- Science and Materials in Construction and the Built Environment
- Construction Technology and Design in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Construction in Civil Engineering
- Setting Out
- Structural Mechanics
- Further Maths
A second qualification is also completed (a NVQ qualification):
Pearson Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering for Technicians (Institution of Civil Engineers) (QCF). This consists of 9 mandatory units.
You will gain valuable experience as an apprentice which will help you to build a career in the Civil Engineering Industry