The Edexcel BTEC Level 3 90-Credit Diploma in Animal Management is a vocational, practical course to prepare the learner for employment or further study in an animal related discipline. This course is equivalent to 1.5 A Levels and enables you to learn about animal science, nutrition, practical handling and animal health. It provides a qualification which may be used for further study in this area, such as the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal management or appropriate work with animals.
Typically, you will be in class for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
MODULES MAY INCLUDE:
- Understand and promote Animal Health
- Undertake Animal Handling and safe Working
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Manage Animal Accommodation
- Understand the Principles of Animal Nutrition
- Understand the Principles of Animal Nursing
- Understand and Interpret Animal Behaviour and Communication
- Understand Animal Welfare and Breed Development
- Undertake Kennel and Cattery Management
- Understanding the Principles of Wildlife Populations, Ecology and Conservation
You will also work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability. You will be required to complete Essential skills Literacy, Numeracy and ICT if you do not have a GCSE Grade C or above in these subjects.