The Level 2 Extended Certificate in Applied Science provides students with a solid foundation in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. It prepares students for progression onto Level 3 programmes and employment. It is equivalent to four GCSEs.
The vocational course is delivered over 15 hours per week.
Modules may include:
- Principles of Science (Exam)
- Chemistry and our Earth
- Energy and our Universe
- Biology and our Environment
- Applications of Chemical Substances
- Applications of Physical Science
- Health Applications of Life Science
- Scientific Skills (Exam)
- The Living Body
- Science in Medicine
- Chemical Analysis and Detection
- Biotechnology Procedures and Applications
You will also be required to:
Complete Essential Skills in Literacy and Numeracy if you do not have a GCSE grade C in English or Maths. This will be a mandatory part of your course.
Work towards a Personal Development qualification and will be involved in a range of activities, designed to improve employability.