This one year Level 2 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-Up is a qualification that has been specially designed to enable you to learn both aspects of hairdressing and media make-up artist. Within the course you will develop the knowledge and skills to prepare you for employment as a junior hair and make-up artist. Learners will have their hairdressing and make-up artistry skills assessed in a real or realistic working environment.
Modules studied may include:
- The art of dressing hair
- The art of photographic make-up
- Apply make-up
- Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Client consultation for hair services
- Cut women's hair
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Colour hair
This full-time course will be timetabled over 21 hours per week ie - 15 hours of vocational classes, 3 hours per week employability training and 3 hours per week Essential skills English and Maths. You will be required to attend essential skills in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT if you do not have a GCSE in English, Maths and IT.
For further information please contact Judith Magill at email@example.com for Bangor and Denise McMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org for Lisburn